We are a life and health insurance agency representing the largest insurers in Canada, and have access to specialty insurers for unique needs.
Because we are brokers, we know the differences between products from various insurers, and can compare both features and prices, to ensure you get the product that best meets your needs, at the best price.
Assessing your needs for insurance is a component of a comprehensive financial plan, but a basic needs analysis for insurable risks can be done in isolation. The most common insurance needs and solutions are listed here:
Covers costs on the death of a breadwinner or key employee
- Cover funeral or other final expenses, taxes, and estate settlement costs
- Repay a mortgage or other debts
- Provide replacement income for surviving spouse, children or other dependants
- Provide funds for employer to recruit and train a replacement worker
- Provide funds for business partners or shareholders to buy out the share of a deceased partner
- Provide a vehicle for tax-efficient and private transfer of estate wealth to estate beneficiaries
Disability Income Insurance
Provides regular monthly income in case you are unable to work due to injury or illness
- Employment insurance provides only 4 months of income replacement
- CPP Disability Benefit provides limited income and has very stringent criteria
- Most employer group LTD benefits have stringent criteria after 24 months of benefits
- Many professional and self-employed individuals have access to none of these benefits
- Individual disability policies can provide lenient criteria and long-term tax-free benefits
Critical Illness Insurance
Provides a lump sum of cash in case you survive a critical illness
- heart attack, stroke, life-threatening cancer or other illnesses trigger the payment
- can cover the cost of rehabilitation, nursing care, wheelchair ramp or special vehicle
- can replace lost income if you have insufficient disability income insurance
Long Term Care Insurance
Provides monthly income if you require long-term nursing care
- nursing home care for the aged
- private nursing care for anyone unable to perform the activities of daily living
Travel Medical Insurance
Reimburses the cost of medical care needed when travelling outside Canada.
Employee Benefits Programs
Provide a company’s employees with life, disability, medical, drug, or dental coverage
- Helps employers attract and retain quality employees.
- Allows employees to obtain coverage they may not be able to get on their own.
Personal Health and Dental Insurance
Reimburses costs incurred for drugs, medical and dental services not covered by provincial health insurance programs.
What are your needs?
You are exposed to all of the risks that these insurance products cover, and you may choose to bear those risks on your own. But some of these risks have financial consequences that may be larger than your ability to absorb them. Premature death or long-term disability of a breadwinner have the largest impacts, and since the cost of insuring against them is surprisingly low, most people choose to transfer these risks to an insurer.
Give us a call at 905-884-5563 or use our AskPage form to arrange for a time to review your needs and explore your coverage options.